Contact and Purchase
For payment information or if you need to contact me send an email.
Your item will be shipped via USPS within 5-7 business days of receiving payment. You will receive a tracking number by email when your item has shipped.
Products and Information
Rags to Riches TV Series on DVD
All 20 episodes transferred from VHS tape to Region Free DVD are for sale!
***Detailed quality information and screen caps below***
This is the complete Rags to Riches TV series (20 episodes) from 1987-1988. The series starred Douglas Seale (Clapper), Joseph Bologna (Nick Foley), Blanca De Garr (Patty Foley), Kimiko Gelman (Rose Foley), Bridget Michele (Diane Foley), Heidi Zeigler (Mickey Foley),and Tisha Campbell (as Marva Foley other credits include Little Shop of Horrors, Martin, School Daze, My Wife and Kids, House Party etc) and had regular guests like Sarah Buxton (as Amy Hillerman she also recently played Morgan DeWitt on The Bold and the Beautiful). It is a drama set in the 1960's about 5 orphan girls (originally 6 in the Pilot movie but Nina was written out) who are adopted by a millionare. Every episode has at least 2 musical selections (they take a 60's hit, change the words to fit the plot of the episode, and do a singing and dancing number). It was my favorite show as a girl.
This is an exact copy of my VHS tape collection. I edited out the commercials, created chapter points and added menus. Now for all my hard work there are some things that I just could not fix (such as picture jumping, flickering, low sound, tracking issues, audio buzzing, or a dark picture). For the most part, unless otherwise stated these episodes are all in good condition meaning they are (mostly or completely) free from the problems listed in the parenthesis above. If the episode has any problems, I have listed them below. Due to the rarity of the material, I think that even the ones with problems are well worth it for any hardcore (or brand new) fan of the show. This title has not been released on DVD officially and after 20 years I don’t know if it ever will be so these recordings that I have made are probably the closest you are going to come to real digital copies. These will come to you on 20 Region Free DVDs. Here are the episodes you will receive, their condition and a screencap.
1. The Pilot – featuring Bill Maher This is the pilot movie that was officially released on VHS. This is the highest quality episode I own and is in Great condition. 9/10
2. High Society – This episode is a bit dark, jumpy and has some buzzing issues. Fair 4/10
3. Foley vs. Foley – Good 6/10
4. First Love – Good 6/10
5. Business is Business – Good 6/10
6. Pattys’ Mom – Good 6/10
7. Bad Blood – Good 6/10
8. Born to Ride – Good 6/10
9. Vegas Rock – Good 6/10
10. Once in A Lifeguard – This one has a tracking problem that randomly causes the sound to get distorted at times and the picture flickers. Fair 4/10
11. That’s Cheating – Good 6/10
12. Wilderness Blues – Good 6/10
13. Dear Diary - Good 6/10
14. Hunk in the House – featuring Richard Grieco. This episode has some tracking issues. It is mostly fine (more than half) and the good news is that even if you can’t see CLEARLY what’s going on, the sound is in tact so you can hear it. I think I may have watched this episode a bit too much and warped the tape. It’s still watchable though. Fair/Poor 3/10
15. Marva in the Key of Cee – featuring Margaret Avery (Shug Avery from The Color Purple) a bit dark but otherwise fine. Good 6/10
16. Beauty and the Babe – featuring Shannon Tweed. Good 6/10
17. A Russian Holiday – featuring Joseph Mascolo (Massimo Marone on The Bold and the Beautiful) doing a hilarious Russian accent. Good 5/10
18. A Very Foley Christmas - This one actually glows a bright yellowish color for some reason. Luckily though, this is mostly a clip show of other episodes in this set that are clear. Fair/Poor 4/10
19. Guess Who’s Coming To Slumber? - A tracking issue throughout distorts faces at some points but it is mostly clear. Fair 5/10
20. Sweet 16 – Good 6/10
Rags to Riches for U.S. customers - $65
Rags to Riches for International customers - $85
Since I have accurately represented the condition of the episodes, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS. I will replace a DVD if it is defective and I also offer a form of exchange for Rags to Riches only. If you own a better copy of a lower quality episode listed above, you may send me a copy of the VHS tape and I will make you a new DVD.